BEIJING Cheap Air Max 90 Online , July 22 (Xinhuanet) -- Thirty Chinese salsa dance enthusiasts will fly to Cuba in September for an intensive certification process but they may find time for some sun and fun on the beach as well.

The trip will last 10 days and will be the third time Beijing-based instructor Geovany Gonzalez has sent Chinese dancers to experience salsa in Cuba over the past year.

"They will learn from Cubans who perform and teach the dance the way that made it famous 50 years ago," said Gonzalez, bouncing in his chair and slapping his arms to demonstrate the rhythm.

"Salsa means 'sauce' in both English and Spanish," he added. "It is a mix of chopped vegetables or fruit, especially tomatoes, onions and chili peppers Cheap Air Max Online , used as a condiment.

"The dance is as tasty as the sauce, neither of which is for show but, rather, spontaneous and natural."

These qualities, according to Gonzalez, form the soul of salsa.

Gonzalez is a Cuban who has been promoting his country's culture in Beijing for almost 10 years.

Early in 2008 he hosted free salsa classes for 40 people at his Guantanamera nightspot.

"The Chinese love to learn salsa because it's very different from their traditions Cheap Nike Air Max TN Outlet ," he said. "They have opened their minds and souls to things from Cuba."

The Cuban form of salsa is a bit different from what most people see on the international stage.

"It's a little looser," said Gonzalez. "Many people mistake salsa for New York salsa, thinking the dance was born in the United States. But salsa has its roots firmly based in the Afro-Spanish musical traditions of Cuba. I want more Chinese to experience the 'mother' of the style from Cuba."

Gonzalez first visited China in 2004 for a holiday when he was a member of a pop band called David Blanco. He played bass and also worked as the group's agent.

"Musicians are emotional and I am no exception," the 40-year-old said. "I wanted to make some life changes."

He married in China and settled in Beijing. He found it hard to obtain a job so he became his own boss.

Huo Yaohui, one of Gonzalez's first Chinese friends, has worked with him for years. Huo said Gonzalez is smart and creative Cheap Nike Air Max 95 Outlet , and full of fresh ideas.

"He is a true perfectionist," he added. "He sticks to a job around the clock, until the work is done."

Huo is the only Asian to have won a gold medal for salsa at the International Festival of Popular Dance of Cuba and is credited with bringing Cuban salsa dancing to Beijing.

By 2006, Gonzalez owned two companies - an advertising agency for Chinese companies opening businesses in Latin America and a restaurant offering Cuban food, art and live music.

"I love Cuba and its culture," Gonzalez said. "I believe opportunities occur when more people get to know it."

In 2013 Cheap Nike Air Max 90 Outlet , Gonzalez started managing the Latin American and Caribbean Center, an arts and media hub that attracts a mix of cultures. Additionally, it offers Spanish language courses for children during the summer and winter holidays.

Gonzalez has booked the Ballet Nacional de Cuba to perform in China.

"The ballet company was founded by Alicia Alonso, a legendary Cuban prima ballerina and choreographer, and marks the highest level of Cuban ballet dancing," he said.

The company will embark on a tour of 15 Chinese cities in December.

?(Source: China Daily)

KNOW THE SIGNS OF DEPRESSION

Typical signs of depression actually show a change in the way a person has come to think about himself. "I just can't get myself to do any work around the house. My marriage is falling apart." "My hair is thinning. I'm losing my looks. No one will care about me anymore." These are typical thoughts of people who are depressed and show a change in thinking Cheap Nike Air Max Outlet , feeling and acting. Here are other signs of depression:

Continual feelings of sadness, emptiness and helplessness that seem to have no cause

Alfonso Cuaron and his 3D space spectacular "Gravity" edged ahead in the Oscars race when the Mexican triumphed at the Directors Guild of America (DGA) awards.

"It is truly an honor, and I'm humble. I still have this kind of teen crush (for directors) and it makes me very nervous talking to them," said Cuaron, 52, as he picked up the top film prize in Los Angeles.

In each of the last 10 years the DGA winner went on to take the Oscar for best director Cheap Air Max TN Outlet , with the exception last year of actor-director Ben Affleck, who was not nominated in the director category for smash film "Argo."

The Oscars, the climax of Tinseltown's glitzy awards season, is on March 2.

At the DGA Cuaron saw off Oscar hopefuls Paul Greengrass ("Captain Phillips"), David O. Russell ("American Hustle"), Steve McQueen ("12 Years a Slave") and Martin Scorsese ("The Wolf of Wall Street").

"Gravity Cheap Air Max 95 Outlet ," starring Sandra Bullock, who plays an astronaut stranded in space with George Clooney, tops the Oscars nominations list with 10 nods, along with "American Hustle," the stylish crime caper.

Cuaron was in reflective mood.

"What you cannot see from up there (in space) is this bizarre experiment of nature that is the human experience," he said.

"And this experiment is what directors try to sort out in their films."

Other award winners on Saturday at the 66th DGA included Vince Gilligan for hit TV series "Breaking Bad" and Steven Soderbergh for the television film "Behind the Candelabra."

(Agencies)

NEW YORK Cheap Air Max 90 Outlet , Aug. 10 (Xinhua) -- The performance of the Chinese economy has been very impressive since the global financial crisis, a U.S. economist said in a recent interview with Xinhua.

Since the fourth quarter of 2008, average quarterly real GDP growth in China has been 8.2 percent year on year, while the equivalent figures for the United States and euro area are 1.4 percent and 0.4 percent, respectively, said Paul Sheard Cheap Air Max Outlet , executive vice president and chief ec.